Accidents are reportedly the leading cause of death in adults prior to middle age. The care of severely injured patients is an interdisciplinary challenge. The prehospital care system was initially developed to respond and provide immediate care to trauma and cardiovascular emergencies are the initial link for emergency care systems and in some studies has demonstrated to be an important determinant of patient outcomes in cardiac arrest.
SMS will build on BLS support techniques and further develop learner’s knowledge of the four interdependent links in the chain of survival, in addition to.
- Understanding the pre-hospital environment (including minimizing the risk of infection)
- Patient assessment
- Respiration and airway management
- Basic life support and automated external defibrillation
- Circulation and shock
- Trauma related emergencies
To further develop your skills, join our Pre-Hospital Care courses:
- QNUK Level 3 Award First Responder (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Administration of Emergency Medical Gasses (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency Oxygen (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF)
BROWSE OUR CURRENT COURSES