Health & Safety is vital for the wellbeing of your workforce and customers, but as a business owner or manager, it can feel like a minefield in the UK or abroad.
SMS Training will take the confusion out of Health & Safety compliance with a suite of online and Instructor-led Health and Safety training course which includes a suite of 30 online safety and mandatory courses as a blended learning package to meet the requirement of Social Distancing, assist reduce costs and reduce time away from the workplace and can be managed by team leads or department heads.
For more advanced and location-specific courses SMS Training offers:
- Highfield Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
Our HEAT Training
HEAT training prepares participants for deployment to locations of elevated risk and equips them with the confidence and skills required to help them avoid or respond to potential threats effectively.
During the HEAT training participants are taught initial departure requirements including medical, security and travel advice, along with country context and specific personal safety awareness.
Who is the course for?
The NGO and Humanitarian Aid Community. SMS recognises that humanitarian aid agencies work within complex context environments, and their training needs are different to those of most commercial organisations. SMS develops specific programmes to meet those needs.
World Travellers, Students, Corporate and Media Clients
SMS will design HEAT training for our clients that will heighten awareness in personal safety to help you avoid problems globally.
What is the assessment method?
Ongoing practical and written assessments.
What is the duration of the course?
5 Days – Non Residential
What topics are covered?
- Cultural Awareness
- Liaison and Negotiating skills
- Personal Safety
- International travel and journey management
- Conflict Management Skills
- Surveillance Detection & Evasion
- First Aid – Basic / Intermediate Life Support
- Health & Hygiene
- Vehicle Maintenance and Security
- Communications and voice procedure
- Residential and Hotel Security
- Improvised Explosive Devices & Mines
- Abduction Avoidance and Hostage Survival
- Incident Reaction Training
- Country Specific Threats and Recent Incidents
- Country Evacuation and Contingency Planning
- Navigation and Tracking Systems
- Driver Training (On Request)
Looking for online Occupational Health & Safety training?
Browse our online courses