Introduction to Allergens
Having the right information about allergens is crucial. This Allergy UK accredited online training covers the information all food handlers must know to serve safe food.
An Introduction to Allergens at a glance
- Meets the entry requirements for Allergy UK’s Allergy Aware Scheme
- Accredited by Allergy UK
- Self-paced study hosted online
- Compatible with desktop, laptop and tablet devices
- Accessible with features including audio voiceover and transcript
- PDF certificate available immediately on completion
- Accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s Awarding Organisation of the Year 2018
- Approximate duration: 1 to 2 hours
Food allergies and intolerances are at the top of many food businesses watch lists, and yet it seems the latest high-profile allergen cases are never far from news headlines.
It is important that anyone working in the food industry is aware of allergens and the steps that should be taken to effectively manage and control the risk of allergens.
This food allergy awareness training course is designed to provide food handlers, or those with responsibility for managing food handlers, with awareness around the controls and legal responsibilities when it comes to the 14 regulated allergens.
Food businesses have a legal responsibility to ensure that the food they manufacture, produce, sell or serve is safe for the consumer to eat.
The course is accredited by Allergy UK and meets all entry requirements for recognition on their Allergy Aware Scheme.
- Introduction to food allergens
- Allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- Symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
- Allergens legislation
- Food labelling requirements
- The 14 regulated allergens
- ‘Free from’ claims
- Managing allergens from purchase to service
- Providing allergen information to customers