Combined L3 EFAW and L2 Door Supervisor
Who is this qualification for?
The Combined SIA Security Course is ideal for anyone wishing to work in a security role as it provides them with the necessary skills and knowledge to apply for an SIA licence for both the Door Supervision and Guarding sectors. This qualification is based on the SIAs ‘Specifications for Learning and Qualifications for Security Officer and Door Supervisor.
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners are expected to undertake approximately 61 hours of learning.
The SIA stipulates a minimum of 44 contact hours (7-days) if self-study is undertaken.
In addition, Day one will cover Emergency First aid at Work.
- M1 Principles of working in the private security industry
- M2 Principles of working as a door supervisor in the private security industry
- M3 Application of conflict management in the private security industry
- M4 Application of physical intervention skills in the private security industry
- The main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- The importance of safe working practices,
- Drug-misuse legislation
- Issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- How to conduct effective search procedures
- Licensing law, queue management
- How to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict
- Physical interventions and the implications of their use and the use of non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
This qualification is assessed by practical assessments and multiple-choice examinations.
- Externally set and marked multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination made up of 72 questions (110 minutes)
- Externally set, internally assessed activity based on the completion of an evidential statement.
- Externally set and marked multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination made up of 50 questions (75 minutes)
- Externally set, internally assessed observation of searching with an observation sheet
- Externally set and internally assessed observation of using communications devices
- Externally set and marked multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination made up of 20 questions (30 minutes)
- Externally set, internally assessed of one practical scenario with observation sheet per learner
Note: Module 1 -3 MCQ Pass mark =70%. The practical assessment for each learner must be visually recorded and is recommended to take approximately 15 minutes per learner. Pass mark = 100%
- Externally set and marked multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination made up of 30 questions (45 minutes)
- Pass mark = 80%
- Externally set, internally assessed observation of each learner performing every technique with an observation sheet and Q/A session to cover critical areas of PI knowledge